yedey

LoopDrive updated to version 4

11Dec

The LoopDrive plugin received a major update. The version 4 of it was posted a long time ago in the SynthMaker forum, now this is the official release. I had to wait for a stable version of SynthMaker so that’s why there was a big delay.

There are many new features and most of the old parts are now optimized, here are some of the most significand changes:

LoopDrive 4 pattern manager

• Nearly every part of the audio processing has been optimized in assembler
  • compared with version3, this version is up to 3 times faster
  • added a pattern manager, that allows up to 8 different sequencer and LFO patterns that are switchable through midi keys
  • load & save, copy & paste parts or whole patterns. There are also some default patterns.

LoopDrive 4 LFO Step sequencer

• the wave LFO has been replaced by a step/matrix LFO, so you can set volume, balance, filter cutoff, filter resonance, overdrive amount and grain pitch for every single step
  • you can scale the modulation amount  for a whole pattern of the step LFO with a single knob
  • each mouse move in the step sequencer now highlights the used wave slice
  • you have the option to mute a complete step with the right mouse button in the step sequencer
  • updated the FX Routing GUI to make it easier to understand

LoopDrive 4 Slicer

• added interpolation option to the slicer, so you can avoid aliasing effects when you need it
  • fixed a problem with the mix knob of the distortion section

There are also some more changes that I propably forgot, but try it yourself. If you like it, leave a comment.

Downloads: VSTi, Executable, SynthMaker schematic

Have fun!

[Bloglines] [co.mments] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [Mister Wong] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Reddit] [Rojo] [Slashdot] [Technorati] [Yahoo!] [Email]

This entry was written on Friday, December 11th, 2009 at 2:54 am and is filed under SynthMaker, VST-Plugins. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

22 Responses to “LoopDrive updated to version 4”

Friday, December 11th, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Thanks a lot!

I tried loopdrive for the 1st time 2 days ago… I don’t often use loops, but I know what I’ll use whan I’ll add some to my music!
This is exactly what I needed (& even more)

mk

Friday, December 11th, 2009 at 5:36 pm

yes!!! I like this plugin!
this is one of my favorites.

Nekro
Saturday, December 12th, 2009 at 3:28 am

Sick more mangling features in the sequencer for v4 of Loop-Drive. Its one of the best i have ever used (since v3) and all for free plus standalone too. I abuse whatever goes into LoopDrive to a point where its not even remotely tuneful or ‘Nice’ its pure audio annihilation. I have a fair few commercial mangling tools but seem to reach for this one each time. It just works for me FWIW and yeah really looking forward to laying waste to whatever i pump into the plug-in.

Thanks man and sorry for not showing my appreciation sooner. All the best to you from the UK

Nekro/Dean

Phil
Saturday, December 12th, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I tried in beta version (found it on forum ;) )

I love the new pattern engine

Did you looked at Vectory ensemble (Reaktor) ?

It is in the same spirit

I don’t know another matrix pattern lopper, apart yours and Vectory ;)

Thanks a lot, i will try this non beat version soon :D

Dare
Sunday, December 13th, 2009 at 11:32 am

It is possible to have a VST Mac Os version? or Audio Unit?

Thanks.

Sunday, December 13th, 2009 at 9:09 pm

@Dare: It’s not possible right now, because SynthMaker (the program used to create LoopDrive) only supports Windows plattforms. I don’t think that they’ll port it to Mac in the near future.

Nicolas
Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Hi guy !

I really like your plugin “LoopDrive”, i work with many times. I’m looking for an option to save all the 8 patterns in the same time (the patterns are not saved with my Sonar 8PE session), but i’ve not found. So i just save the 8 patterns in 8 files… Is there any option like this ?

However, this a great job !

Nicolas.

[...] файл исходного проекта для Synthmaker. Забирать отсюда: Yedey LoopDrive 4 Еще по теме:Code Audio — BeatBurnerШинкуем барабанные [...]

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 at 12:26 am

[...] LoopDrive 4 доступен в виде VST-инструмента и standalone-приложения. Также доступен файл исходного проекта для Synthmaker. Забирать отсюда: Yedey LoopDrive 4 [...]

Marina
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Thanks! ^^

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 at 2:37 pm

[...] desarrollador yedey ha anunciado la disponibilidad de la cuarta versión de LoopDrive, un plugin gratuito orientado a trocear y modificar loops con varias opciones [...]

Phil again
Saturday, March 27th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I will try the non beta version soon ;)

Is there a possibility to save automaticaly the wave within the projects ?

Very nice plugin :D

Combined with Glitch, they can rule the world :D

Sunday, March 28th, 2010 at 6:53 am

The wave data isn’t stored in the presets, but the plugin stores the wave file location in the presets.

Cameron
Monday, April 12th, 2010 at 2:32 am

Great plugin. Any chance of having the individual steps be automate-able again like in version 3? That was really helpful.

Elektroluks
Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 at 11:28 am

This plugin is amazing! Just add the option to choose any (also odd) number of beats in the Slicer section and make Loopdrive perfect! Thanks a lot for this tool!

ellaguru
Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 2:24 pm

hi
i tried the first version of this one and this new is more powerful. thanx!!
however, even when i put the “link to host” option, loopdrive4 doesnt start when ableton live6 starts…how to solve this? other little question: when i’m changing fx parameters (on MOD: res, ovrd,balance etc) i hear the changement for every slice,not only for the ones i chosen…how does it works?
cheers!

Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

@ellaguru: “Link to host” makes loopdrive tempo synchronized the host. This means the sequencer inside loopdrive uses the tempo that the host software uses. You can see that the Tempo knob is automatically disabled when this option is on.
On the mod-page you have to draw the automation of a parameter into the sequencer, the amount knob regulates how much these automations affect the parameter.

ellaguru
Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

thanx mike!
i see the mod-page, this is now ok. thanx.
the “link to host” option i supposed it was something to makes start loopdrive4 with a sequencer…is there a way or a tip to do that (in order to record what we’re doin’ in sync)?
thanx again!

ellaguru
Monday, July 5th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

how to make start loopdrive with abletobnn live6 in sync? anyone tried other softwares?…little help please?
thanx

L8N
Friday, August 20th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

This think is wikid! There is one thing I would like and that is the ability for it to play single samples also and maybe a pitch adjustment (resampling would be fine) for the sample part of it. Maybe something for future releases?
Thanks for a great product anyway :)

dvelop
Thursday, November 11th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

thanks so much for your effort, I love this plug,its better than many of the others that cost money!

Rene
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Hello Mike

A great plug in, superb sounds and
easy to create loops.
One question: I use it in Cubase,
how can I make it start
in sync with a song (start song=start loopdrive)?
Thanx