yedey

Official release of TranceDrive

23Feb

In the last year, KVR anounced a new Developer Contest, so I came up with the idea for TranceDrive. Basically it is a subtractive synth like many other, the challenge was to build it completely from scratch using SynthMaker. So, every single part of it was custom made, and optimized to the limits (of SynthMaker). Also I don’t use the standard FX from SynthMaker, instead I made my own versions by using some hints from Harmony Central. After concentrating on all this technical stuff, I forgot to submit the result for the KVR Developer Contest. Shit happens!

TranceDrive VSTi

So, enough about the story here are the facts:

TranceDrive is a subtractive synthesizer, that was build for Trance music. That means, it has builtin supersaw oscillators for realy fat synths and pads, harsh filters, a trancegate and a hugh reverb effect.

Here is a list of the features that I can remember:

TranceDrive FX section

• 3 main oscillators
  • each main oscillator supports 6  waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, saw7, cry
  • the waveform “saw7″ is a supersaw with 7 detunable sub oscillators
  • the waveform “cry” is an experimental waveform, it is built up with several hardsynced saws
  • main oscillator 2 has an additional unisono mode, when it is enabled, the whole oscillator triples its voice and the voices can be detuned from each other
  • the oscillators can be chained (osc1 to osc2 and osc2 to osc3) using FM, PM and sync, these 3 options can also be used at the same time
  • seperate noise oscillator
  • 3 LFOs, each supports 5 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, sample and hold
  • the LFOs can be synchronized to the host tempo or run free at a specific frequency
  • each LFO can control multiple parameters of each OSC, you can even assign several LFOs to the same parameter
  • LFO1 can control the filter cutoff
  • 2 Envelope generators (Mod & Amp) with variable shapes
  • the modulation envelope can control multiple parameters of each OSC, and it can also be mixed with the LFOs. Additionally it can control the filter cutoff
  • 3 types of filters: lowpass, highpass and bandpass
  • each filter type can be set to 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB steepness
  • 9 effects, and they can be used at the same time: gater, chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, delay, reverb, equalizer, stereo-effects
  • each of the unused parts of the synth is shown with less contrast, so you can focus on the active parts
  • the output of the synth can be clipped to avoid overdriving noise. The clipping is done with a soft limiter, that can be used to compress the whole synth sound (just enable clip and turn up the main volume)

Of course you’ll also find the standard features that every synth supports, but I don’t want to list them here, that’s just too much :)

Right now there are only a few presets, I’m not good in programming this and I don’t want to waste my time with stuff, that every musician can do. Hopefully someone else makes a nice bank and I can include it in an update, but right now I haven’t this person ;)

Downloads

TranceDrive-VSTi

TranceDrive Executable

The synth is Freeware, you can use it as it is. If you like it, please show me your appreciation for my work by making presets.

[Bloglines] [co.mments] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [Mister Wong] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Reddit] [Rojo] [Slashdot] [Technorati] [Yahoo!] [Email]

This entry was written on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 at 5:31 am and is filed under SynthMaker, VST-Plugins. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

30 Responses to “Official release of TranceDrive”

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 at 1:17 pm

[...] More information: yedey / TranceDrive [...]

[...] komentarzy Maik Menz, znany także jako Yeyday, udostępnił bezpłatny syntezator subtraktywny TranceDrive (Windows VST). Ten znakomity instrument powstał z myślą o twórcach muzyki trance, [...]

duke
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 6:46 am

thank you kindly for your freebie!

synaesthesia
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

this is pretty cool thanx

synthuser
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

thanks for the synth ;)

Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 11:45 pm

[...] TranceDrive ist ein neuer komplett kostenloser Software Synthesizer für Windows, welcher sich speziell auf die Tranceschiene einpendelt. Wer das Teil getestet hat, kann gerne einen Kommentar dazu abgeben! [...]

diego
Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at 12:22 am

Very good sound.

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 at 1:32 am

[...] Downloadeaza TranceDrive – un program de facut muzica TRANCE, gratuit! Din pacate, se pare ca siteul si-a depasit limita de trafic pe serverul unde este gazduit, asa ca, momentan, nu se poate accesa pentru download. Revenit in cateva zile pentru a descarca gratuit TRANCEDRIVE. Tags: muzica trance, oscilator supersaw, program de facut muzica trance, supersaw, trance, TranceDrive – sintetizator virtual pentru TRANCE Share this post! Twitter Digg Facebook Delicious StumbleUpon Google Bookmarks LinkedIn Technorati Favorites This entry was posted on 24 februarie 2010, 02:45 and is filed under Software pentru muzica, Stiri – Noutati. You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. [...]

Alter
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Thank you for your efforts. Im sure I will have fun exploring this new synth tonight. Who knows, maybe some presets will come of it. Thanks again.

Alter
Friday, March 5th, 2010 at 12:31 am

Well, I checked it out last night. Overall, its a pretty good synth. I tend to get a little bored with synths that have the standard set of oscillators but this one kept me interested. I think it had to do with the ease of use. I like the way the interface is designed and laid out. Having a good selection of tools available right on the device always makes things move a little quicker and therefore allows one to get to newer sounds easier. As per your request, I made a few presets for you. In the bank there are a few basses (BS), ambient (AMB) and one rhythm (RDM) preset. I hope you find them interesting. I know I saw your email on the device but I don’t remember what it is at the moment and I am not at my computer. I’ll look for it here on the site but if I don’t find it feel free to use the email that I supplied for this comment box to contact me (fie……ts@yahoo.com). Over time I will make more presets as I can tell that I will want to try this device for other types of sounds as well. As for suggestions, I have a few simple ones that I think will tighten this package up if you care to hear them. I have other suggestions that I think will take this synth to more competitive levels (again, if you care to hear them) but I don’t know your level of programming ability and if you’re even interested in taking this anywhere. Either way, thanks for adding a new tool to my palette of sounds.

Silke
Saturday, March 6th, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Thanx for this great synth. I´d like to start some midicontroll stuff but I can´t find any descrition which midi chanels are supported. F. e. I´d like to change the velocity at the Mod env automaticly in a kind of a sin. curve. Is there any body who can tell me how to do that?
T.i.a.

Stephen
Monday, March 8th, 2010 at 1:18 am

This synth is perfection! Everything is extremely well thought out. Thank you very much for your hard work.

Alter
Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Maik, check your email bro.

Pat
Friday, March 19th, 2010 at 1:00 pm

are you planning to create a mac version?

Friday, March 19th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

No, a Mac version isn’t possible, because the programm that I used to build this plugin, doesn’t support it

NiteOwl
Monday, March 22nd, 2010 at 4:53 am

Just stopped into thank you for this incredible synth. It is one of the warmest sounding, yet pretiest, yet free-est VSTs I’ve ever used. Beats a lot of payed options, cheers a lot!

Vasiliy
Friday, April 16th, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I have strange crackling sound when pressing and releasing a key in case of only one oscillator active in sine or triangle mode. When i set it to any other waveform i don’t get such noise. It happens both in vst and exe versions. What can it be? Is it a bug or some issues from my side?
Very nice and professional synth by the way ;-) Keep it up

Friday, April 16th, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Do have enabled the Amp Envelope? Without this enabled, you get clicking, because there is no fade-in/out of the synth voices

Vasiliy
Saturday, April 17th, 2010 at 11:00 am

After enabling amp envelope everything is fine. Thank you for your help.

Amy
Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 5:54 am

T.i.a.

Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

The synth doesn’t support any midi controls. If you use it in a host, then just use parameter automation instead.

sanfoin
Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 8:59 pm

This a great synth — one of my new favorites. I use it all the time now.

(Wish you could adjust the pitch control better though)

In any case, thanks for making it available!

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 at 10:26 am

[...] Więcej: yedey » Official release of TranceDrive [...]

anviltrance
Sunday, May 9th, 2010 at 1:47 am

Hey Mate,

ur Syth Trance Drive is really ipressive, never heard such a good Free Synth before. Especially the Pad’s are cute. Somehow it remembers me on the Trance strenght of Adventus. (maybe cause it was developed in Synth Marker, too?). Thanks.

Dean aka Nekro
Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Hello/Greeting from the UK, Been using LoopDrive alot and really appreciate it, it is so handy i keep it on me at all times on my little flash USB drive as a sort of portable audio toolkit with some other applications and plug-ins, really looking forward to trying TranceDrive out. I must admit that i am a) not a fan of trance or any other form of dance music genres/sub-genres and b) am certainly not a great synth patch programmer and go by the rule of fiddling with all the controls until i like what i am hearing and save it as a patch. However the name is just that, only a name and a good synthesizer especially can be used and indeed found in almost any style of music/genre and sub-genres. Again thank you for the free tools and hell if i do manage any half-decent sounds with my naff programming skills then i will be in-touch for sure so that you can hear them for yourself (shock horror – include as downloads for others!)

Dean aka Nekro

Sam
Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 at 6:54 am

After many failed attempts at creating a good dubstep bass sound with various good free synths, I found this TranceDrive sitting on my hard drive. I didn’t think of it as much when I first saw it earlier today, but ah damn. I was wrong.

This synth is so user friendly and fun to use. I thank you for taking that into account when designing your synths layout.

This also does some pretty wicked stuff, and the onboard effects are top notch from what I’ve heard so far.

Thanks a bunch for making such a great synth and giving it up for free.

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Hey there!
Great Synth! Right now I’m working on a “Factory Presets” bank for your amazing VST, e-mail me back if you are interessed :)

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010 at 3:35 am

Just finished a bank. You can download it here:

Hope you like it!

Jithendra
Friday, August 27th, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Pl tell me if there is fan club for you. ill join immediately. i have never seen a free vst as effecient and as great sounding as this. thank you so much. i am lovin it.

Thursday, November 4th, 2010 at 8:58 pm